RE: bfd_abort vs. noreturn vs. _exit

I would kind of like to avoid fixincludes if I can.
For example... you can't cross build fixincludes, because it uses fork, and VMS doesn't presently have fork.
I've been using -disable-fixincludes or deleting the directory.
? (actually I'm off on Solaris x86/amd64 stuff, will come back to VMS soon).

Fixincludes seem to be problematic for cross builds in general.
I opened multiple bugs, years, ago, they languish.
For example, gcc build gets confused when build!=host and host=target.
It thinks host=target is a "native" build.
But this only affects/affected fixincludes as I recall.

Some advise says to later run fixincludes on the target, and yet other advise
says that isn't supported (just look through the old bugs I opened; granted,
I haven't revisisted them myself in years).

Really, larger point, I haven't quite accepted the idea of fixincludes.
I'd like to imagine the headers are acceptable asis.

Granted, I don't remember finding a good solution here.
I think configure -disable-werror is my current favorite.

Granted also, they are full of #pragma this and that.
In need of e.g. #define __int64 long long somewhere, and I have in fact hacked up the includes myself a little..
?(but maybe gcc could understand __int64; I opened a bug).

?- Jay