Re: ld for VMS?

Jay K wrote:
Tristan, why do you say transferring .obj is difficult? I maybe agree -- I can't seem to do it -- but I wonder what your experience was, to maybe fix mine.
This applies to Alpha and VAX object files: because the record structure is lost during ftp-style transfers. A binary transfer from Linux/Unix to VMS creates a fixed record structure on VMS. That's wrong, it is a variable length record structur. A binary transfer from VMS to Linux/Unix transfers the data of the records not the length fields. So you have to have some pre- or postprocessing on the VMS side. And you can't avoid this with an archiver.

Hartmut