Re: Any option to objdump just one function ?

Hi Robert,

I used objdump to dump the kernel image.
And I want to locate to the position of __memzero.
But I can't find any option that support to output the assembly code of
one specified function but only in the section range.
Is it correct ?

Essentially yes. You can restrict disassembly to a range of addresses by using the --start-address= and --stop-address= options, but you would need to work out the addresses before hand.

Alternatively if you have compiled your application with gcc's -ffunction-section option then you can use objdump's --section= option to restrict disassembly to just that section. But I doubt if you have built your kernel image that way.

Of course you can always pipe the output from objdump into a file and then use various tools (sed/perl/awk) to cut out the parts that you do not need.