Re: A quick and probably stupid question

Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> So, I'm wanting to build binutils 2.20.1 on a Solaris  8 (SPARC) system
>> but the system has a "partial" set of development tools installed.  gcc
>> is installed but but "ar" isn't.  There is a non-GNU linker installed as
>> well.
>>

> Sun 'ar' should be installed in /usr/ccs/bin alongside other Sun tools.

Thanks.  I'm thinking a partial development toolset was installed on
this particular system. I can run the "cc" command and get a warning
about a language pack not being installed.  I can't even get help from
the command line, due to this.  Also, "ranlib" isn't there.  GCC is
installed on the system and I'm thinking it was for some other use.  So,
I'm working on a system with an incomplete development environment.   :)

Tom