Re: [gold][patch] Record the number of members in an archive

Rafael Espindola <espindola@google.com> writes:

> *) Define a Incremental_inputs_write class. This is a helper for
> sized_create_inputs_section_data. Its main job is to compute and store
> the layout of the incremental_inputs section.

It occurs to me that a more gold-like approach would be to write a
class which derives from Output_section_data.  Right now your class is
building the binary data and then copying it into the output file.  A
class derived from Output_section_data would build the data in the
output file directly.

> *) In what order should the archive info be placed in the output? My
> understanding is that it is not important since we always get to it
> via a input file entry.

I agree that the order is not important.

Ian