Re: [patch]: ld set pseudo-relocation version 2 as default for x86 pe targets

Kai Tietz wrote:

> Ok, I agree that this name is a bit weak. I changed patch and used
> instead DEFAULT_PSEUDO_RELOC_VERSION, which fits meaning IMHO best.
>
> 2009-11-06  Kai Tietz  <kai.tietz@onevision.com>
>
> 	(DEFAULT_PSEUDO_RELOC_VERSION): New macro.
> 	(gld_XXX_before_parse): Set pseudo-relocation default
> 	value to DEFAULT_PSEUDO_RELOC_VERSION.
> 	(gldXXX_handle_option): Likewise.

  That's misformatted: missing asterisk + filename on the first line.

> Ok for apply?

  Rather than YA "#ifdef i386" in the .em file, how about adding the
definition of DEFAULT_PSEUDO_RELOC_VERSION=2 to the relevant emulparams script
files and use ${DEFAULT_PSEUDO_RELOC_VERSION:-1} in the .em file?

  Also, any reason not to keep pep.em in sync here?  That'd be one advantage
of avoiding the #ifdef: you could apply the same change to both emulscripts
and just not define the default anywhere you didn't want to change it.

    cheers,
      DaveK