Re: build failure, --enable-targets=all vs plugin support

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 08:35:11AM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> The addition of -ldl shouldn't be made unconditionally on all systems,
> some have the dl* functions in libc and don't have libdl.

Yes, that's why I said adding the plugin support to bfd had broken
things.

> GCC/gcc/configure.ac has solved this for more systems, and
> libtool.m4:LT_SYS_DLOPEN_SELF for even more systems (but the latter uses
> semantics that currently neither GCC nor binutils cope with, so it can
> only serve as source to copy from).
>
> It would be a good idea to factor the bits from gcc into a toplevel
> config/*.m4 file.

That would be good.  In the meantime I'm applying my first option
which effectively takes plugin.c out of --enable-targets=all.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM