Question about mixing 32-bit and 64-bit objects on x86-64

Hello,

In case this is a developer-only mailing list I appologise for
bothering you with a user question. I just could not find an user
mailing list for binutils.

My question is this: is there a way i can link a 32-bit-compiled
application/object to a 64-bit-compiled library/object or vice versa
on x86-64
The linking can be static or dynamic - does not matter. Actually _any_
way to do that would suffice, except that if possible i dont want to
write a whole new linker myself for the purpose :)

If the binary formats are not compatible maybe some form of "bridge"
could be used - for example 2 special objects/libs - one 32-bit and
one 64-bit that link with each other by some special non-standard
means

This should be possible since the cpu supports easy switching between
the 2 modes without even going to the kernel, so it is only a question
about the binutils support.

Best regards.