Re: [patch ld]: Adding missing .debug_pubtypes section into pe.sc and pep.sc

2009/6/26 Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com>:
> Kai Tietz wrote:
>> finally I solved the puzzle about the issues after gcc added the
>> ".debug_pubtypes" section. The reason was that this section got placed
>> at index 0 in section table. For some reasons the PE-loaded dislikes
>> this.
>
> ?Yes, I just saw this happen for the first time myself late last night.
>
>> I added this new section to the script-templates for pe and pep.
>> This solved the final issue here.
>
> ?Sounds like the right fix to me.
>
>> ChangeLog
>>
>> 2009-06-26 ?Kai Tietz ?<kai.tietz@onevision.com>
>>
>> ? ? ? * scripttempl/pe.sc (.debug_pubtypes): Added section rule.
>> ? ? ? * scripttempl/pep.sc: Likewise.
>>
>> Patch tested for i686-pc-mingw32, x86_64-pc-mingw32, and
>> i686-pc-cygwin without regressions.
>>
>> Ok for apply?
>
> ?It looks a little typo'd in the section name:
>
> + ?.debug_pubnames
> + ? ?*(.debug_pubtypes)
>
> ?Ok once the section name is fixed to ".debug_pubtypes". ?Thank you Kai!
This was a paste-o :/ I rewrote my patch to place the new section rule
at correct place. Let it be a hint, that patches have always to be
retried (even after obvious changes). Thanks for catching this.

Committed.

Cheers,
Kai