Re: S390: Allowing a NOP instruction without operands

Hi Martin,

First of all: yes I think it makes sense to have a nop instruction that
can be used without operands. I don't like the implementation though,
to check for particular opcodes with a strcmp feels wrong.

I thought that you might say that. :-)

My counter
proposal would be to introduce new variantes for the RR_0R and RX_0RRD
instruction formats. Make all operands optional and replace the strcmp
check with a check against S390_OPERAND_OPTIONAL.

Fine by me. I just went with the simplest solution. (Plus I have never looked at the s390 opcode generation system before and I was worried that if I tried to introduce a new nop pattern I would break something).

Please could you go ahead and apply your patch ?