Re: [RFC] ld sysroot prefix handling

On Friday 29 May 2009 02:37:16 Sven Rebhan wrote:
> So what you can see is that most cases are handled correct right now,
> the only thing that fails badly is when you have an ld-script that
> contains an absolute path. Here the sysroot prefix is _NOT_ prepended
> and thus linking against such a script breaks most packages during
> cross-compilation as the linker tries to link against a host library.
>
> Hope this clarifies a bit what I want!? :-)

it does, thanks.  so now the trick is to detect linker scripts that are in the
sysroot but specified with their full path and set entry->sysrooted to 1.
looking again (not testing) at your original patch makes me think that your
patch should fix the /usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/libusb.so
case without breaking the /root/binutils-test/lib/libfoo.so case right ?  if
that's the case, i would add a comment above the line so that the intentions
are kept clear and pester people for commit approval :).
-mike