Re: PE-COFF and import tables

On Sunday 10 May 2009 15:26:40, Vincent R. wrote:

> Actually first for beauty sake but I have a reason to do so, it's because
> with wince things are not always working as it should and we have more
> issues
> than on desktop.I can talk about the fact that dll have still a problem to
> be loaded
> on Windows Mobile 6.1 and the natural thing to do when something is not
> working is to
> compare with native tools.
> In this case when trying to compare both, it's really hard because you
> dont'know what
> parameters causes troubles.

One would think you'd know I'd know that.  :-)  You have to
reduce your testcase to bare minimals, so that you're not playing
with a bunch of different variables at the same time...
I think we already know that the problem can't be related to these
multiple imports at all --- I don't think the example I posted here is
triggering this multi imports from same dll issue:

 http://www.mail-archive.com/cegcc-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01524.html

Isn't your problem a manifestation of that same problem?  Or was
that one solved?  Of course, there may be *other* problems beyond
that one.

> I don't know if it really loads but at least I don't see the usual error
> message.

Probably means it loaded.  Add a printf, make it beep, or create a file
or something if you want to be sure.

> So in conclusion  I will try to rebuild efl framework and test again one
> more time.
> For now I am giving up the import table reason and I will try to find why
> it doesnt' work.

> But I still don't like the way dll are generated ;-)

Appart from the "why bother if this is not the real
problem" fact, and assuming it wouldn't slow down the linker
or dlltool beyond reasonable expectations, I don't see a
problem in someone coming up with a patch that would merge imports
that came from the same dll name ...

--
Pedro Alves