Re: [gold] "entry in mergeable string section not null terminated"

>> > /home/peter/g/trunk/host/source/src/ApplicationComponents/AnatomicProgram/libApplicationComponents_AnatomicProgram-debug.a(APr.o):

>> This error message is telling you that it found a section marked with
>> SHF_MERGE and SHF_STRINGS, but that the section didn't end with a null. If
>> you can gzip your archive libApplicationComponents_AnatomicProgram-debug.a
>> and send it to me, I'll take a look and see if I can spot the problem.

> Sorry, I'm not allowed to distribute this file, but I try to reproduce the
> problem over the weekend, so you could have a look.

OK, try this instead:

1. Extract the member APr.o from your archive.
2. Run readelf -SW APr.o and look for any sections with "M" and "S" in
the "Flg" column.
3. Run readelf -x nn, for each "nn" where "nn" is the number of one of
those sections.
4. Post the last line of each section dump.

-cary