Re: Building gold and ld

Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to build both gold and ld - as I believe the first one is still marked
> beta. Would it be possible to add an option to build gold in pararell to
> ld (ld runs old linker and gold a new one)?

Sure.  I guess you would have to have the gold configure.ac script
recognize the new option and use it to change the name under which the
program is installed.  That is a bit awkward with automake but is
certainly doable.  You would also want the top-level configure.ac to
add "gold" to configdirs.

Ian