msp430 patches

Hi,

There've been some binutils patches lurking in mspgcc's CVS for some time now (I
think it's been over 2 years), and it'd be really great to see these integrated
into binutils.

These patches can be found in /packaging/patches in the mspgcc CVS.  Web
browsable here:

http://mspgcc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mspgcc/packaging/patches/

There were several patches against 2.18, and these were merged together to
create binutils-2.19-patch that can be found at the above URL.  This patch adds
support for a number of different MSP430 variants.

I should stress that I didn't write these patches.  However, I have been using
them with binutils for at least 2 years now with no problems.  Perhaps someone
on this list has more knowledge on why these patches have not yet been merged.

Cheers,

Rob