Re: [patch]: Patch for wince

On Friday 02 January 2009 12:54:41, Kai Tietz wrote:

> Ok, well. I would like to have the mingwce support in mainline, too. I
> think, it is important to see all targets depending in someway on
> mainline.

Agreed 100%.

> And as past has shown, it isn't good to have isolated
> branches, which aren't known and therefore will run out of sync.

Agreed 100%.

> While debugging and taking a look on mingwce, I was able to track some
> problems in binutils down. As more targets there are, as much
> knowledge we can get by them, which will improve the support of all
> mingw targets IMHO.

Agreed 100%.

Note that in binutils, the arm-wince-pe target covers much the
same code, and that's already in tree.  It's mostly a matter
of patience to go and adjust a bunch of triplets all over (testsuite
mainly), otherwise, tests are skipped on mingw32ce, so testing on
arm-wince-pe gets you better coverage anyway; and, I know Nick has
that in his huge list of targets he regularly tests.  :-)  The
gcc side is another story, though.

> As you are the maintainer of mingwce (IIUC) and you have a better
> sight over the changes it needs, I think it would be best that you
> could prepare the patches tosync it with mainline.

If it wasn't clear, I'd be very happy if your patches are applied.

--
Pedro Alves