imports by ordinal and .EXP support

Hi,

I am using mingw32ce (from cegcc project) toolchain and we have some issues
with recent OS version (in particular with
Windows Mobile 6.1) and I am trying to understand differences between gcc
and Visual.
One difference I can see is the fact that Visual does imports by ordinal
while mingw32ce does by hint/name.
Is there any mean to force mingw to do the same ?
It seems(not sure about that) that Visual uses a file with a .exp extension
that looks like a .def file but with other
information (ordinals is available I think).
Do you have more information about that, does binutils support exp file ?
Would it be interesting to add support for that ?
My request is very specific but to find the bug I need to generate code
very similar to Visual.

--
Vincent R.