Re: How to list all symbolic names for references to global varibables and functions with objdump (for MIPS arch)?

Hi Pan,

  703054:	8c42a064 	lw	v0,-24476(v0) <-- It is a reference to the
global variable is_video in fact,

but objdump doesn't show these messages

So, can I make objdump show all reference messages for functions and
global variables?

Brian mentioned displaying relocs alongside the disassembly, which will help you with object files, but I suspect will not provide you with all of the information you are hoping to see.

In essence though the answer is "no", because it is just too difficult to recognise all references to global variables or functions. A global variable might be accessed directly or via a base address plus an offset, or loaded into one register and then copied into another register, or aliased via a union or type punning. Functions can have multiple entry points, or can be overlayed or even dynamically constructed at run-time.