Re: arm-elf-ld generate arm interworking stub at bad address ?

On 16.10.2008 18:06, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 05:53:52PM +0200, Sylvere TEISSIER wrote:
Hi,
when I link mixed thumb and arm code with interworking, the linker
insert a .stub section at the beginning of the memory.

But, like expressed in my linker script present bellow, I want my
exceptions vectors assembled with ".section .startup" at the origin of
the memory.

Why ld doesn't place this stub at other place ? Is there something wrong with my linker script ? Or is it a bug ?

Unfortunately, I think we discussed this but never came to a conclusion :-( I would call it a bug.

From what I remember, you could try splitting your output sections like this:
. = 0;
.startup{
*(.startup)
} > ram

.text:
{
*(.text*)
} > ram

stubs are grouped by output sections, so they should then be inserted between .startup and .text.

Christophe.