Re: Is something wrong with CVS server?

H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:30 AM, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hi H.J.
>>>>

>>> This is probably related to the recent security problem that has been
>>> affecting some public systems.  Please try accessing the CVs server again -
>>> it is definitely working for me.  If you still have problems, then ping the
>>> overseers list.
>>>
>> It still doesn't work for me. Did you use "-d
>> :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src"?
>>

> "-d :ext:hjl@sourceware.org:/cvs/src" works. But "-d
> :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src"
> doesn't work.

Some stupid web crawler ignored robots.txt and started crawling through CGI
script output. This sent sourceware's load through the roof, and when the
load exceeds a certain level, anonymous connections are suspended.

The relevant IP has been blocked and the load is now sane again.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine