From: Nick Clifton [mailto:nickc@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 10:01 AM
To: John Morrison
Cc: binutils@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault using cross architecture ld command

Hi John,

> I'm not familiar enough with the ld code to take this any further.
> I'm running the 2.18 binutils on a x86 Linux for an eCos PPC target.
> I can narrow down the possible libraries / archives that MAY be
> involved but not enough for a definitive test case.  I've been
> tweeking the load script, I've recompiled and rebuilt all of our
> libraries and archives and modules but can not get passed this
problem.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Should I submit it as a bug?

First try a linker built from the current head of the CVS binutils
repository.  It is quite likely that this bug has already been fixed.

If it is still present then please do submit an official bug report (at
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla).  If you can include a small test case
this will really help.