Re: [patch bfd]: Add further support for x86_64 mingw

Pedro Alves <alves.ped@gmail.com> wrote on 24.01.2008 15:13:00:

> Kai Tietz wrote:
> >
> > You are right, that the simple chack for __MSVCRT__ isn't engough, but
the
> > pattern
> >> #if defined (_WIN32) && !defined (__CYGWIN__)
> > seems to be a bit misleading.
>
> grep through the binutils sources for _WIN32 or "_WIN32.*__CYGWIN" ?
> It's what's normally used.
>
>  > IMHO the clause should be something like
> > #if defined(__CRTDLL__) || defined(__MSVCRT__)
> >
> > This pattern matches for crtdll (ce), uwin, cygwin, and mingw.
> > Do you agree?
> >

> Well, it doesn't match ce (coredll not crtdll there), but then again,
> there's no such thing as a native binutils CE port.  I was only
> pointing it out as example of the nature of that macro.  I've never
> really used crtdll -- it's all msvcrt nowadays, AFAIK.  Anyway,
> this tends to bikeshed, so, I'll just state that whatever goes in
> is fine by me.

Well, I will us the '#if defined(__CRTDLL__) || defined(__MSVCRT__)'
thing, because just in this cases the ms formatters are used in a obvious
way, isn't it?
But another question I have is the issue with inttypes.h. I think to
introduce here a dependency to "config.h" wouldn't be that good. Also I
have no idea, which autoconf macro in gnulib Daniel means for generate
inttypes.h and if this dependency is good. I would suggest to introduce in
bfd-in2.h some macros (especially that for 64-bit values) like that of
inttypes.h (E.g. BFD_PRI64X, BFD_PRI64D, etc.). It would prevent to much
target specific '#if'-clauses in implementation. Do you agree?

 Kai