Re: How to make section take no space in output file?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 02:11:31PM -0800, Rick Mann wrote:
> They are not memory-mapped devices; they're strictly allocated RAM. The
> only requirement is that they be of specific size and alignment, and I'd
> like for the linker to just assign addresses accordingly. However, in the
> output file, they don't need to exist at all; I just want references to
> the symbols to have the right values at run time.

I do not believe GCC offers an attribute to do what you want.  But
it's easy to do in assembly.  Look at the gcc -S output for a large
uninitialized array in .bss, and do it just like that with a different
section name.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery