GNU Assembler Start of Function & basic block

Hello Everyone,
	I have a question regarding GNU Assembler.

I am currently working with the OpenRISC port of GNU Binutils (2.11.92)
and I am making some modifications to the ISA. I want to insert special
instructions at the beginning and end of each basic block AND another
set of special instructions at the beginning and end of function (I
tried to do it in GCC and I was unsuccessful in representing these
instructions in the machine description).

I looked through the GNU Assembler Internals manual and I couldn't find
any specialized functions that can be used to access the start and end
of each basic block OR function-call (I may have missed something...).
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Yours Sincerely,

Balaji V. Iyer.