Re: PATCH: Have readelf report unused bytes at the end of a .debug_loc section

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Korn" <dave.korn@artimi.com>
To: <binutils@sourceware.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: PATCH: Have readelf report unused bytes at the end of a .debug_loc section

On 21 November 2007 13:56, Bobby McNulty wrote:

Hi Bobby,

* dwarf.c (display_debug_loc): Issue a warning if there are bytes
at the end of the .debug_loc section which are not referenced by
any attribute in the .debug_info section.

that broke cygwin 1.5.24-2.

Can you go into a bit more detail? What error happened? Do you mean broke
cygwin-1.5.24-2 during building it, or during using it?

cheers, DaveK -- Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

building it.
I was compiling binutils, just updated from this morning, dawrf.c.
I was using gcc trunk in Cygwin under Vista Home Premium.
I think its probably my fault. I am rebuilding binutils with the compiler that came with cygwin.
If it shows again, I will snapshot the error from the scree, and send that in.