labels, and values for mov instructions is gas

.arch i8086
.code16

.text
foo:
  mov $exit,%ax
  mov $10,%cx
  loop foo
exit:
  int $0x80
dumb:
   .int 5,5,3,2,1,2,4,2,3,4,3,2,1,5
again:
  .word 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
.equ help, 5

With this code I need the address that is at the label exit moved into
the ax register. Right now all I get is 0x0000 moving into the ax
register. How might I go about getting the correct address into ax
without doing a as -a -o test.o test.asm , and looking at the symbol
table, and manually entering the value?