Re: Questions about use of type long in bfd.

Hi Kai,

In cofflink.c: _bfd_coff_generic_relocate_section line 2996: Use of fwrite ?

Look a little further back in the code where there is a comment describing why a long is being written:

  /* Relocation to a symbol in a section which isn't
     absolute.  We output the address here to a file.
     This file is then read by dlltool when generating the
     reloc section.  Note that the base file is not
     portable between systems.  We write out a long here,
     and dlltool reads in a long.  */

In the structure 'coff_final_link_info' the members sym_indices, indices, and outsyms are of type 'long *'('long') ?

You may have outdated sources. In the version of libcoff-in.h that I am looking at the coff_final_link_info structure does not have an indices field and the outsyms field is a bfd_byte*. The sym_indices field is a long* though and this does look like a possible bug. Would you care to submit a patch for it ?