RE: ld unknown flag -E

On 29 August 2007 16:20, Chiara Sandionigi wrote:

> On 29/ago/07, at 17:02, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>> Chiara Sandionigi <chiara.sandionigi@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm working on Mac OS X 10.4 and I have the following problem:
>>> 	/usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -E
>>> 	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> Can somebody help me to solve it?
>>
>> How about not passing the -E option to the linker?
>>
>> It's hard to know what else to suggest without more information, like what
>> you are trying to do.
>>
>> Ian
>
> I'm trying to compile on Mac OS code written for Linux distributions
> and so I have problem with the passage from ld of GNU Binutils to ld
> of cctools (I didn't know that Apple's GNU Binutils equivalent is
> cctools). So now I'm searching the equivalent of the following
> options for cctools:
> -E
> --whole-archive
> --no-whole-archive

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/ld.1.h
tml

      -all_load
              Loads all members of static archive libraries.  This option does
              not apply to dynamic shared libraries.

  Dunno about the dynamic symbols thing, but if you read that man page, you
should be able to work it out.

    cheers,
      DaveK