Re: Use of readelf -D option

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 09:42 +1000, David Arnold wrote:
> am i correct in remembering that on x86_64 and with recent binutils,
> there's only a DT_GNU_HASH?

I don't believe it is the default in the FSF tree.  I see DT_HASH when I
try it on my x86_64 machine.  Perhaps Red Hat applied a patch to change
the default?

There is a linker option --hash-type= that you can use to change this.
Option values are sysv, gnu, or both.  So this might work as a short
term workaround.

> it looks like i will need to gather some more information, but possibly
> the check that the .dynamic contains a DT_HASH should also accept a
> DT_GNU_HASH?

It is a little more complicated than that.  readelf is using the DT_HASH
info to compute the list of symbols.  So we need equivalent code that
works for DT_GNU_HASH.

I'd suggest filing a bug report as HJ already mentioned.  If you want
RHEL fixed, you will have to file a bug report with Red Hat.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com