Re: PATCH: windres

"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote on 16.04.2007 23:58:49:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 05:07:10PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> > >and
> > >idependent. By

> > >This is the patch changing the windres source using int instead of
long. I
> > >bootstrap it on cygwin 32 and for x86_64-mingw.
> > >This patch does not solve the endian problem, reasoned by the use of
> > >fwrite/fread.
> > >ChangeLog for binutils/:
> >
> > If you are assuming that int means 32 bits, wouldn't it make sense to
> > use a type like u_int32_t which explicitly spells that out?
>
> u_int32_t is a good idea if it doesn't require extra change since
> this is a temporary patch until windres can be rewritten properly.

Such a types as u_int32_t, u_int16_t, ... are really a good idea, but that
these types are not available on all platforms in sys/types.h. :( So this
would
need some further work on a temporary thing.
But I think, it would be a good idea to introduce those kind of types to
bfd.
E.g. bfd_uint32_t, bfd_int32, bfd_int16, ...

Regards,
 i.A. Kai Tietz

  OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-StraÃe 9 - 93049 Regensburg
  Tel: +49.(0)941.78004.0 - Fax: +49.(0)941.78004.489 - www.OneVision.com
  Commerzbank Regensburg - BLZ 750 400 62 - Konto 6011050
  Handelsregister: HRA 6744, Amtsgericht Regensburg
  KomplementÃrin: OneVision Software Entwicklungs Verwaltungs GmbH
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-StraÃe 9 â 93049 Regensburg
  Handelsregister: HRB 8932, Amtsgericht Regensburg - GeschÃftsfÃhrer:
Ulrike DÃhler, Manuela Kluger