Re: linker script symbol reference

I think i have found out what's the problem.

Pointer types in 64-bits are always 8 bytes whereas pointer types in 32-bits are 4 bytes.

Although symbols in linker scripts are represented by integers (4 bytes) in C, their addresses must be 8 bytes in a 64-bit system. So, by defining vm_offset_t to be unsigned long or long, the problem ceases to exist.

It seems that it was not a binutils problem after all. Sorry! :)

Please don't hesitate to provide more input on the subject if you find any errors in my thoughts.

Constantine