Re: Updating libtool in GCC and srctree

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com> writes:
>
> > I downloaded the 2.1a snapshot of libtool and found
>
> Are you sure you want to use the (rather oldish) 2.1a snapshot?  I think
> you'll better off using the latest stable release which is 1.5.22.

We should use current CVS HEAD libtool.  We definitely can't use 1.5
releases without *a lot* of auditing of local changes: we've allowed local
changes into GCC's libtool on the basis that there are equivalents in CVS
HEAD (this is the policy in codingconventions.html), to use 1.5 while
avoiding regressions would require auditing every local change since
libtool 1.5 branched to see if it's in 1.5.22.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com