Re: objcopy in binutils doesn't work on Mac OS X

I only now realise what you mean. So gdb has a sub-dir with binutils and
with bfd. Since all the tools are actually available with Apple's gdb,
why do they not come with Xcode? I suppose my best bet would be to
download the source of Apple's gdb and use the binutils in there.

Is that a reasonable approach?

I would only do that if you want mach-o support. If you don't need that
then I'd go with the normal binutils release - especially since the apple
bfd only supports reading, not writing of mach-o anyhow.

-eric