Re: Drawing rectangle problem in gnu assembly

Nick Clifton  wrote:
>DC wrote:
>Hi there! I'm trying to learn gnu assembly from home.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as "gnu assembly". The assembler produced by this project can handle lots of different instruction sets, depending upon how it is configured, and for almost all of them the assembler conforms to the syntax specified by the instruction set's creators. Thus when talking about the GNU assembler, you really need to specify which instruction set you are using.

>I want to draw a filled rectangle on my monitor using gnu assembly >language.

Are you sure ? This is a very bad idea. Drawing objects on monitors is really not the domain of assembly language (any more...). The best approach is to use a high level toolkit such as Qt that can take care of all of the low level work for you.

> Can anyone tell me what do i have to do(the theory) for that or >anyone be kind enough to produce a source code?

Sorry, but this is way outside the purview of this mailing list. We are here to support the users of the GNU binutils, not to teach graphics.

Thanks for your input. One last question: can you direct me to a website or reference where i can gain more knowledge regarding this matter? I really want to solve this problem. Thanks.

--Steve

Off to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to find out how to sign up! http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/