Re: [RFH] About dlltool --output-exp --add-indirect.

Danny Smith wrote:

Anyone has an idea how to generate the equivalent of --add-indirect with MSFT's link.exe?
Also, does anyone use this option nowadays?

Oh, and --add-indirect docs on dlltool's manual has the funniest comment I could find on binutils.

<quoting>
--add-indirect
Specifies that when dlltool is creating the exports file it should add a section which allows the exported functions
to be referenced without using the import library. Whatever the hell that means!
</quoting>

.exp files built with --add-indirect can be used to create mutually dependent dll's http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kkt2hd12.aspx

I haven't done that in many years. I usually just add an IMPORTS
section to .def file to do the same thing. I'll see if I can put together a test example.

Thanks.
I don't really get how --add-indirect helps here, but that is probably because I didn't look deep enough.
An example would be nice to have. If nothing else, it could serve to update our docs.
I wonder if we are really MSFT compatible like the comments say. The missing underscore
is suspect, don't you think?

Cheers,
Pedro Alves