Re: Special ELF section flags vs. linker-specified bfd flags

"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
> This patch copies OS/PROC specific flags from input section to output
> section. Is it the best way?

I realise this question probably wasn't directed at me specifically,
but since I was the one that started this thread, I'm happy with
doing the flag merge unconditionally (as you have) or just changing
my patch to only merge OS- and architecture-specific flags.  I don't
think it makes much difference for the MIPS-specific flags, at least
not on sensible objects.  We only use MIPS-specific flags for well-known
section names for which the bfd section flags should have a particular
value.

If there's a reason to prefer one approach over the other though
(i.e. conditional vs. unconditional),  it might be worth expanding the
comment to say what it is.  If it's just a "pick a card" thing, don't
bother. ;)

Richard