Re: ld: --gc-sections incompatible with --emit-relocs ?

Thanks a lot Nick,

> Is any of you aware of such a limitation ?

Yes.  The problem is that if relocations are being emitted, then the
linker cannot safely discard sections.  This is because the linker does
not know why the relocations are being emitted, so it cannot tell if the
relocations associated with (potentially) garbage collected sections
should be emitted or not.

But I still does not completely understand: I thought that the garbage collection of unused sections was performed before emitting relocations ? I am wrong ? In that case, it means the linker should be able to emit relocations only for non garbage collected sections. I do not see any interest in emitting relocations for sections that have been removed.

Thanks,
David