Re: frame unwind issue with discontiguous code

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 01:26:00PM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> To cover all cases, it would basically appear to be necessary to
> add a referral op to the set of DW_CFA_* ops, which would
> indicate that the frame state at the given point is to be derived
> by assuming the location counter would in fact be at the origin
> of the control transfer).

Why?  I don't think so; just make a new FDE and accept the duplication.
That doesn't work if you use inline assembly to do it, but that's
already in the realm of seriously nasty hack.

> As I don't know how to approach requesting an addition like this
> to the Dwarf standard, I'm trying my luck here.

You could ask, um, on the Dwarf list... See dwarf.freestandards.org.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery