Re: patch for fixing illegal instruction (wldrb, wldrh, wstrb, wstrh)

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Bridge Wu wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your detail explanation. I had thought .d file is
> generated automatically.
>
> I have changed it as below and run test case. The result is all other
> results except the new one are identical. I tried both <SPACE><TAB>]
> and [<TAB><SPACE>] cases. The results are same. What's wrong? There
> are still errors when running 'make -k check'. Is there possible
> because of that? The error log is as below.

I can't tell from this description whether your new test is running,
whether it is FAILing as it should without the code patch applied, and
whether it is PASSing as it should with the code patch applied.  There are
pre-existing FAILs because there are pre-existing bugs in binutils; that's
why you need to compare the before-and-after results of "make -k check".
By results, I mean the contents of the .sum files created by "make -k
check".

If someone is to review your patch, you'll need to send a complete patch
again that includes both the code changes and the addition of the .d and
.s files.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com