ld fails to build for target

Hi all,

I'm trying to port binutils (2.16) for a new target. After I have added the
files I need and edited .in .tgt and .am files I have run aclocal,
autoheader, automake and autoconf on each directory where I have made those
changes (except for the top src directory in which only the config.sub was
changed).
Then I have run configure, which seamed ok, and afterwards make and it
failed on building ld. Make exits whit error while doing configure in ld
with a message that it doesn't support the target and that I should check in
ld/configure.tgt for supported target?! I'm confused because I have added
the target there.
Can anybody help me out, please?

Best regards

Andrija Radicevic