Re: How do I crosscompile binutils for the Z80?

Op maandag 16 januari 2006 22:23, schreef John Smith:
> I've pulled down the latest source from the FTP site.
> Configure is failing -- am I supposed to monkey around with
> config.guess? I'm not sure what needs to happen.

If you really want to crosscompile binutils for z80, you would
need a crosscompiler that produces z80-code. The gnu C compiler
can not produce code for z80, besides some programs from the
binutils package may be simply too large to fit in the 64 KiB
of address space a z80 offers.

If you just want to handle z80 code on a computer that has a
working native gcc you need to set the target to
z80-unknown-coff:
./configure --target=z80-unknown-coff
After that you should be able to make and install binutils for
target z80 with
make && make install

Good luck,
Arnold