Re: cosmetic install question

Hi Nick,

Hi Aleksandar,

I've noticed that some files get installed in /prefix/target/bin (hard links to /prefix/bin) and /prefix/target/lib directories. Where "target" is triplet such as sparc-sun-solaris2.9 for example. Is it possible to configure binutils not to use this target-specific directory (install directly in /prefix/bin and /prefix/lib)?

Yes. Try setting --exec-prefix as well as --prefix.

Thanks for the sugestion. I've attempted to do that, however target specific /prefix/sparc-sun-solaris2.9 directory still gets created. It has bin subdirectory with hardlinks back to /prefix/bin and lib/ldscripts subdirectory. I'd like to have it in /prefix/bin and /prefix/lib/ldscripts only (like on my Linux systems).