Re: Flat binary format (bFLT) tools

Hello,

Shaun Jackman schrieb:

> Does binutils have any relationship with the uClinux flat binary
> format (bFLT) tools, elf2flt and flthdr? Is there any possibility of
> elf2flt being rolled into objcopy by adding bFLT support to the BFD?

I have a tree that partially supports them (namely, disassembling works,
and objcopy will do something but not the right thing yet).

Creating bFLT binaries is difficult as there is no way of telling the
linker to resolve as many relocs as it can, but not assign addresses to
the sections (this is why elf2flt has a full understanding of all the
reloc types -- you give it a relocatable input file, it resolves the
relative relocs by hand, applies all the addends and then creates a list
of locations containing absolute relocs.

   Simon