cross toolchain vs. info files

    Afternoon all!

  When we build and install a cross binutils, $prefix/man gets a whole load of
man pages all prefixed with the target - i.e.
$prefix/man/man1/$target-{ar,as,ld,...}.

  OTOH, the info files installed to $prefix/info aren't prefixed with the
target.

  This means that 1) you can't look them up by "info $target-$utilityname" (it
brings you the related manpage instead) and 2) they may override (or be
overridden by) the info files for your main system tools, which can be a bit
of a snag if they are built from different binutils versions.

  Does anyone know why this is?  Is there some problem that I can't see?
Would it be possible to get "make install" to prepend the target prefix while
it's copying the files across?  Would that be all that was needed?

    cheers,
      DaveK