Re: New tests orphan2 and unknown2 fail in cris-elf

> Received-SPF: none (bart: domain of hjl@lucon.org does not designate permitted sender hosts) client ip=68.142.198.200; envelope-from=hjl@lucon.org; helo=smtp101.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com;
> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:44:59 -0800
> From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:32:51PM +0100, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > Besides, I bet none of those you might refer to are for *new*
> > test-cases, known to fail when committed, which is the issue at
> > hand.
>
> Are you saying that if that testcase were checked in October, it would
> be OK to fail?

Of course not.

I'm implying that it's hard to generally avoid regressions,
introducing FAILs for existing test-cases, on all platforms, or
for new test-cases on platforms to which you don't have access.

I'm saying that *knowingly* committing a failing test-case for
the platform on which you test it is obviously easy to avoid.

*Of course* the best course in a (semi-)perfect world all else
equal is to fix the bug.

brgds, H-P