Re: Eliminating R_PPC_REL32 relocations

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 05:59:03PM -0500, Joshua N. Edmison wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> My apologies for the somewhat nonsensical question.  Let me provide more
> detail.  Without drowning you in minutia, I am experimenting with some
> different memory architectures and would like to isolate instruction and
> data accesses (Harvard architecture style).  The R_PPC_REL32 relocations
> that appear when I compile shared/dynamic libraries violate the
> separation I am trying to achieve by placing data values (essentially
> jump addresses) in the executable (.text, .fini, .init) segments.

This isn't a linker issue, in that case.  The linker obeys what the
compiler and assembler tell it to do; figure out what construct in the
object files produces the relocations you don't want, and what caused
the compiler to generate the "bad" code.  If necessary, modify the
compiler not to do it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC