Segmentation fault on NPTL pthread_join

Hi,
we have recently moved a large C/C++ multithreaded application
(running on a PowerPC platform) from LinuxThreads
to NPTL, and we are having problems we didn't see with the previous (i.e.,
LinuxThreads) configuration. In particular,
when a thread tries for the first time to terminate another one by calling
pthread_cancel and then pthread_join, we get a
segmentation fault (all the threads are created joinable). By looking at
the corresponding core file, the problem seems
to occur in NPTL file pthread_join.c at line 86, where there is a call to
lll_wait_tid.
The versions we are using are:

	Glibc: 2.3.4
	Gcc: 3.3.6-hammer
	Binutils: 2.15

Can anybody suggest how this problem can be solved?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Roberto

--
Roberto Podesta' - Ph.D. Student at University of Genoa
Department of Communication, Computer and System Sciences (DIST)