Re: PATCH: Fix ia64 gcc warnings

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:23, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Jim, did you use "--enable-targets=all" when you were configuring
> binutils on ia64?

I've answered one of my questions.  The code that emits this warning is
pretty stupid, and doesn't fully take the CFG and variable lifetime info
into account.  We can do much better.  Meanwhile, whether you get a
warning depends on what optimizations have been performed, and what the
optimizations did.  So we are going to have to work around this until
gcc is fixed.  Which your patch does.

Incidentally, I'm getting a different error for gcc-4.1.  It is
complaining about the argument info not the local variable buffer.  I
doubt that your patch fixes that.  I don't have a convenient gcc-4.0
install tree to try to see what warning I get there.

So yes, we do need your patch, and probably a few more, until gcc is
fixed.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com