Re: [RFH] How to make ld use the LDEMUL_PLACE_ORPHAN hook.

Nick Clifton wrote on Freitag, 21. Oktober 2005 16:26 :
> Hi Björn,
>
> Find the script file in ld/emulparams which is loaded for your HC12
> target.  Does it define TEMPLATE_NAME=elf32 and EXTRA_EM_FILE=<foo>
> where <foo> is the name if the file where you have placed the
> LDEMUL_PLACE_ORPHAN definition ?  If not then this is the problem.  If
> ti does then try placing some debugging in elf32.em to see if the
> default version of the function is being used instead.
>
> Cheers
>    Nick
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. I have now resolved the issue. It finally turned out
to be a rather stupid problem. I had used gcc for executing ld and this gcc I
had been using took ld from some other path than I expected...

Concerning the assigning sections to banks issue, I finally came to the
conclusion that the better place to do is a bit earlier than "assign
orphans". I now have a working version: My present change uses the
ldemul_after_open hook for assigning the appropriate sections. I think that I
will shortly be suggesting a corresponding patch for mainline. I only would
like to discuss beforehand with the hc12 maintainers for gcc about their
opinion for adding support for the "larger" hcs 12 devices.

Bjoern.