Re: PATCH: Fix fallout from at-file.texi in Makefile.in, texi2pod

Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>

>>2005-10-11  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>
>>
>>	* Makefile.tpl (MAKEINFO): Require makeinfo 4.8.
>

> The makeinfo version number appears in other places for GCC as well:
>
> * gcc/configure.ac (in general GCC's required version may be greater than
> that required by the toplevel).
>
> * gcc/doc/install.texi - both in the prerequisites section and some other
> places mentioning the requirement for (at present) 4.2.

Sheesh.  All I wanted to do was add a function to libiberty; I'm now
modifying perl scripts and changing things in all kinds of unrelated
places!  Clearly, we need some infrastructure; this ought to be a
one-character change in one file to change a 2 to an 8....

I'll update the spots you mention if/when the patch is approved.
However, I'm not willing to commit to locating every such place in the
entire src/ repository that may needs its makeinfo version number
update; if that's a prerequisite for approval, I'll give up.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC